Rice and Beans
1 cup uncooked brown or white rice
1 tbsp. oil
1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 medium tomatoes, or more if using cherry tomatoes, finely diced
1 medium zucchini (about 1/2 lb.) coarsely chopped
1/2 tsp. oregano
1 - 16 oz. can kidney or garbanzo beans, drained
salt and pepper if desired
1 cup shredded cheese such as cheddar
1. Cook rice according to directions and keep warm.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet, add the onion and garlic and cook until soft.
3. Add the tomatoes, zucchini and oregano. Cover the skillet and simmer the mixture for about 5 minutes, until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
4. Add the beans and simmer, stirring occasionally, until it is heated through. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
5. To serve, spoon the vegetable-bean mixture over the hot rice and sprinkle with cheese.
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!
OKSubscriptions powered by Strikingly